Thursday, March 12, 2009

My personal favorite: Shopbop!

I love, love, love shopbop.com. It is a great site for a young women who loves a more eclectic style. It is much more affordable than the high-end designer sites like the Bergdorf's, Neiman's & net-a-porter's. Thats because most of their featured designers are of the contemporary variety like Foley & Corinna, Alice + Olivia, Anna Sui, VPL and the always lovely DVF. Oh I could shop on it for hours and still not see everything. It is so user accessible. The look books are always fresh and fierce - highlighting the new trends for the season - and the sales are always going on. Here are some cute new things for Spring they're selling.

Let's start with something classic. I love Theory. I think their clothes are always on point with basic, flattering silohuettes and clean cuts that highlight the frame. It is so upper-east sider to me. I happen to work very close to a theory store and from their window display to the sales people - everything screams polished. This summer dress is no different. Dress it down during the day or add a skinny belt and high open toe heels and you've got an evening look. $355.



Another designer I love on shopbop is VPL. The clothing they make is always really cool. Hot colors, sexy concept and young. This Breaker tank is the most extreme color combination I've seen so far from them (they have a whole array of colors for this popular tank) but since bright colors are still all the rage- I thought I'd include it. $175.


This Sue Kemp dress is too beautiful for words. This is what I'd wear if I ever landed a killer interview with a fashion firm. It screams glamazon and is so delicate and feminine, but still flirtatious with the plunged back - there is not one thing I dislike about this dress. The color may not be as flattering to pale skin like mine, but put this on someone with a bit more color and they will have everyones eyes on them all night. $775.



These Omelle shoes are to die for. In fact, I encourage anyone who reads this to check out their spring line. It is innovative, feminine and intriguingly wearable. This was my favorite pair out of the bunch (though it was a close call between these and some killer open toe booties with a ribbon closure). They are $695.


Another great pair of shoes! I have been adding them to my virtual shopping cart for months - but never actually manning up and purchasing them. I  am still holding out for the chance they may go on sale. I love the minimal splash of color, I think when color is used like this has the ability to translate personality through fashion. These Davis by Ruthie Davis shoes are so great. The beige color with the divine peep toe is so perfect for day wear and the yellow heel with the piping and neon toe accent make this shoe something wearable at any occasion- professional or partying. Love it! $685.

The next look is super casual and something I would love to have for a scorching summer day in Los Angeles (where I live). It's hip, it's easy, it's resort casual and the material is very suitcase friendly. I think I may just purchase this one. The dress is by Ever and is $187.




Last but not least is yet another romper! I know I already posted a romper but this one is nice too - and much dressier. The deep blue color is captivating and the slinky fabric and contrasting straps make it feel a lot more elegant to me. It's a Laila Azhar romper and I think it would look great with a summer tan and gold jewelry accessorizing the look. $345.

No comments:

Post a Comment